Please read the below information before entering the online abstract submission system:
- Craniovertebral junction
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Functional diagnostics and monitoring
- New Technologies: tools or toys
- The first step to follow before submitting an abstract online is to login, by creating your own username and password required by the system. The same login details are to be used for any other services booked through the Congress online platform (registration, hotel accommodation, etc.).
- Abstracts must be submitted in English through the online abstract submission platform. Abstracts sent in other languages and/or by fax, e-mail or hard copy (paper copy) will not be accepted for evaluation.
- During your abstract’s online submission, you will be requested to choose the topic of your preference, as well as your preferred type of presentation (oral, video or poster). Please note that the Scientific Committee reserves the right to request the change of your abstract’s presentation type and/or topic, according to the Scientific Program’s specifications and needs.
- Your abstract should be submitted until December 17th, 2017 the very latest.
- Pre-registration of at least one of your abstract’s authors until January 22nd, 2018 is a prerequisite for its presentation in the Scientific Program and its publication in the Congress printed and electronic material.
- All received abstracts will be evaluated by the ESPN Scientific Committee.
- Your abstract’s corresponding author will be notified of the evaluation procedure’s results (acceptance/rejection) until January 10th, 2018. Final presentation type and allocation in the program of each abstract will be conveyed to the corresponding author until January 31st, 2018.
- In an attempt to encourage more colleagues to present their work and promote opportunities for young neurosurgeons, the Scientific Committee encourages groups which submit more than one abstracts to try and ensure that the presenting author is not always the same senior researcher.
- Abstract texts should have the following structure: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion. The text must be a maximum of 300 words.
- Please refrain from using tables or pictures to support your abstract, as they will be excluded from publication in the Congress Abstract Book. Detailed numbered references should also be avoided; references are to be mentioned inside parenthesis within the abstract text.
- If the study has been supported by a grant, please indicate the source of funding at the bottom of your abstract.
- If an author wishes to withdraw a submitted abstract, a written request must be sent to the Congress Organizing Bureau.
- For any corrections in an already submitted abstract, submitting authors may enter the on-line system and proceed accordingly only if they have marked their abstract in a “Pending” status (please see instructions available during the on-line abstract submission procedure). After the expiration of the abstract submission deadline, all abstracts will automatically be turned to a “Confirmed” status; no changes will be allowed from that point onwards.
- Please note that an abstract is considered as submitted when the submission procedure (all 7 steps) has been completed and the “Submit abstract” button on the bottom of the webpage is clicked. The online system will then automatically confirm your abstract’s submission, providing you with your abstract’s reference code.
Abstracts accepted for inclusion in the Scientific Program of the 26th ESPN Congress will be presented in one of the following formats:
- Oral presentation (OP): Abstracts accepted for oral presentation will be allocated 8 minutes, within the curriculum of an ORAL PRESENTATIONS session. 12 minutes will be awarded at the end of each session for discussion of all its OPs.
- Flash presentation (FP): Abstracts accepted for flash presentation will be allocated 3 minutes (2-3 slides and conclusion), within the curriculum of a FLASH PRESENTATIONS session. 9 minutes will be awarded at the end of each session for discussion of all its FPs.
- Poster presentation (PP): Abstracts accepted for poster presentation will be incorporated in the Congress Program as ePosters. Authors will be notified to submit their ePoster file through a separate platform and following instructions to be provided by separate correspondence. During Congress dates, ePosters will be presented within the curriculum of a POSTER PRESENTATIONS session, in parallel tracks, and allocated 3-5 minutes of presentation time (depending on submission) in front of a Committee. The Committee will evaluate presentations on the spot and announce the Poster Award winners during the Farewell Session on May 9th, at which time awards will be delivered to the presenting author.
Allied Health Professionals Symposium
The Organizing Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts for presentation during the Allied Health Professionals (AHP) Symposium, which will take place as part of the pre-Congress program on May 6th, 2018. Submission will be available offline, by sending your word document at email@example.com, with the indication “AHP Symposium submission”. Deadline for AHP Symposium abstracts submission is January 15th, 2018.